Providing adult probation and pre-trial services in the 29th Judicial District of Palo Pinto County, Texas.
It is the mission of the Palo Pinto County Community Supervision and Corrections Department to hold ourselves accountable for the supervision of those offenders for whom we have oversight in a manner that promotes publlic safety in our communities, addresses the rights of victims of crimes, and brings about positive changes in the lives of those persons under our supervision. To accomplish this mission, we will hold offenders accountable for their actions by enforcing the orders of the courts in a fair and equitablle manner, by providing effective programs and sentencing alternatives that facilitate positive change in the offender, and by working cooperatively with other agencies in our communities.
We will strive to:
- -Maintain sufficient staff to facilitate manageable caseloads, delivery of services, and comply with casework law requirements;
- -Provide the courts of this jurisdiction with sentencing alternatives to incarceration that address the rehabilitative needs of offenders and concerns for the safety of the communities;
- -Bring about an increased use of community-based penalties designed specifically to meet local needs;
- -Increase community involvement and responsibility in developing sentencing programs that provide effective sanctions for offenders;
- -Develop a range of services to aid the offender in complying with terms of supervision to become a contributing member of the community;
- -Provide increased opportunities for offenders to make restitution to victims of crime through financial reimbursement or community service;
- -Promote efficiency and economy in the delivery of community-based programs consistent with the objectives of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice-Community Justice Assistance Division;
- -Increase use of community correctional facilities and other residential placements for offenders who could benefit from their programs; and
- -Reduce our revocation rate through the development and use of progressive sanctions.