Making Payments

Payments are to be made per the court order. Delinquencies are addressed through administrative or court hearings, and failure to pay court ordered obligations can result in the revocation of community supervision.

Payments can be made in person at 501 Oak Street, Palo Pinto, Texas 76484, or by mail at Palo Pinto County CSCD, P.O. Box 99, Palo Pinto, Texas 76484-0099.

No personal checks or cash is accepted, for payments made througfh the CSCD. All payments must be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made payable to:  PALO PINTO CSCD. The Department of Criminal Justice-Community Justice Assistance Division does not permit us to accept personal checks, credit cards or debit cards. Payments made in any other manner will be returned.

Always print your name and address clearly on the envelope and any money order or cashier’s check sent through the mail. If you know your cause number, print that on the instrument, as well.

If making a payment for someone else, clearly print their name on the money order or  cashier’s check, and put a note inside the envelope, explaining that you are making the payment for someone else, and where the receipt needs to be sent.

When payments are made by mail, the receipt will be available at the next office visit, or will be mailed to you if you provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope. A temporary receipt will be given for payments made at the reception window after the clerical staff have left. Keep that temporary receipt until the permanent receipt is given to you, and compare the amounts to ensure that the payment was posted correctly.

Always obtain a receipt, check all receipts to ensure that the payment was correctly posted to you, and keep all permanent receipts until your case has expired and you are sure that all monies paid have been credited to your account.

Any discrepancies should be brought to the attention of a clerical staff member and/or your officer immediately. If you believe an error has occurred and you are not satisfied that your officer and the clerical staff member have resolved the problem, call the department and ask to make an appointment with the office manager, or speak with the office manager by phone. Be prepared to show all receipts to the office manager, or mail copies of all receipts and explain the discrepancy so the issue can be researched fully.

Making payments is an important part of community supervision, and must be done regularly. Questions about making payments should be addressed to a clerical staff member or the community supervision officer, but problems in making the payments should always be addressed with the supervision officer.

July 2015